Contemporary, chic, and adaptable to a variety of styles. Our grey rattan garden furniture is the perfect addition to your garden. It’s lightweight, durable, easy to maintain and weatherproof. Browse our range to find your next garden set.
Timeless colour for rattan garden furniture
Grey rattan garden furniture has remained popular through the years because of its timeless appeal. It’s neutral, doesn’t detract from other parts of the décor, and works in any environment. Cool and contemporary, grey rattan perfectly complements a host of other colours, and easily blends in with tones traditionally associated with outdoor spaces. Colour throws, pillows and other accessories will really pop against the grey cushions, while pairing it with whites and blacks will create a crisp, clean aesthetic....
Lightweight yet durable outdoor garden furniture
Perhaps one of the most surprising things about rattan garden furniture is that it manages to be both lightweight yet completely durable. It can withstand long-term usage without showing signs of wear and tear.
When shopping around for grey rattan patio furniture, check the product spec to see if PE rattan has been used for the weave. It’s the best type of rattan around and ensures longevity and durability so you have fewer worries about the quality degrading. Good quality rattan also provides comfort for anyone who uses it, so whether it’s a reclining sun lounger, daybed , 5 seater lounge set or family table set, you can relax without worry.
A rattan garden sofa set gives your garden luxury that lasts. What’s more, because it’s so lightweight, it provides you with a lot of flexibility. For example, when seasons change and the temperature falls, you can easily move your rattan garden chairs, dining table, bistro set or anything else indoors.
Rattan hails from the tropics in countries that experience extremely high temperatures and long periods of heavy rainfall. In many ways, it’s tailor-made for life in the UK. You never quite know what the British weather has in-store – even if the weather app tells you it will be sunny for hours, there’s always a chance a downpour could appear out of nowhere.
Rattan generally stands up well to the occasional shower and UV exposure, although it pays to cover your grey rattan garden furniture when not in use. Rattan furniture covers are a cost-effective addition that will help extend their lifespace. And by making the furniture last for longer, it means you don’t have to worry about looking for replacements or spending money on unnecessary repairs. This applies to everything from footstools and cube sets, to coffee tables and corner sofa sets.
Easy to maintain
A rattan garden furniture set doesn’t make many demands on your time when it comes to maintenance and upkeep, which will be music to the ears of anyone who just wants to relax without worry. And whether you invest in light grey sets or dark grey rattan garden furniture, cleaning it is low hassle. It’s simply a case of using a soft cloth or sponge and warm, soapy water to wipe down the material. Then you can leave it to dry naturally outside. If you want to go a little further you can varnish the rattan so it has even more protection against the elements. This is also a good way to recolour and rejuvenate rattan pieces that might need a little refresh.
Types of grey rattan garden sets
It’s relatively easy to find the right piece of rattan furniture for your home. Most rattan outdoor patio furniture is modular, which gives you more control over your garden environment.
Some of the most popular types of grey rattan garden furniture include:
- Garden sofa sets: Whether it’s a 4-seater corner sofa set, 8-seater piece rattan set or something even larger, sofa sets are always a main part of any rattan collection. 9 seater sofa sets are usually the largest available and you’ll need plenty of outdoor space to enjoy them, but if you have the room, they are a luxury well worth investing in.They’re all perfect for enjoying the garden and hosting parties.
- Cube sets: Another classic of rattan furniture. Cube cuts are versatile and ideal for both traditional and contemporary settings. They look fantastic in grey and help save on space, especially if you have a garden table, as the seats can be pushed under a table and out of the way. If you have a fire pit outside, they make for the perfect place to sit and relax with friends late into the night.
- Corner sofas: Rattan corner sofas are generally the exception to the modular rule, as they designed in an L-shape to help you make the most of the floor space you have available. They’re a great way to ensure that everyone is comfortable, while also maximising the space in the garden, perhaps allowing you to add in a side table, parasol or coffee table for extra storage space. These also work wonderfully well as corner dining sets.
- Dining sets: Al fresco dining is really what it’s all about during the summer. Dining sets tend to start with 4-seaters for traditional family units, but can be purchased with more seating options to accommodate larger parties if you like to entertain friends and family on a regular basis.
- Bistro sets: Grey rattan bistro sets tend to find more use in small gardens where there is limited space, or in areas such as balconies, porches or as a patio set close to the entrance of the living room or kitchen. You can enjoy a table for two on a nice sunny day with a friend or loved one in the quiet confines of your own garden.